Using a third-party provider for your backup and disaster recovery is a simpler, more economical and more secure way of protecting your data and systems. Setting up your own disaster recovery site means you will have to duplicate each critical system that you choose to backup – this means hardware, applications and databases in them, software and licenses, operating systems, data – all of which can be very costly. In contrast, with a third-party handling all your backup and disaster recovery, your systems and data can be stored on their servers and data centers. This means you will not have to worry about:-
• investing in support staff to monitor and manage an offsite DR site
• budgeting for cost of power and power backup at the offsite location
• budgeting for duplicate licenses for systems and applications replicated at the offsite location
• budgeting for cost of internet and backup internet link at the offsite location
• the cost of depreciation of the hardware on which your data and systems are backed up
Yes, without a doubt! If you have already recognized the need to back up your data, it is probably critical. A single hardware failure, malicious attack, malicious phishing attack or just plain forgetfulness or human error has the ability to wipe out all of your electronic data in one fell swoop.
Restoring a hard drive can easily cost several thousand dollars, and still, there is no guarantee that your critical data can be restored.
Automated backups mean there is no change of backups being forgotten or skipped due to human error. By backing up your data to an offsite location, you will be able to more easily restore your data in minutes from any computer with an internet connection.
Technically, no. You need to begin by identifying the critical systems within your network. You then need to ensure that within these, whatever you are backing up is important. For instance, you may want to avoid backing up videos, photos, old and unnecessary downloads that may be sitting in your downloads folder.
The frequency of backups will vary from business to business and system to system. It will be dependent on factors such as how frequently the data changes. If your files are being created or modified frequently, you’ll want to select a lower recovery point objective (RPO). Recovery point objective (RPO) is defined as the maximum amount of data – as measured by time – that can be lost after a recovery from a disaster, failure, or comparable event before data loss will exceed what is acceptable to an organization. For instance, an RPO of 60 minutes requires a system backup every 60 minutes. We will need to discuss with you the nature of your business so as to agree on the best recovery point objectives (RPOs) for your different systems.
Once your backup schedule is set and in place, it will run automatically. You will not have to do anything to initiate it.
Yes. We take live server images of the data and operating system while the server is running.
Yes. We will do this for you at no extra cost – simply get in touch with our support team.
Reports of success or failure will be automatically sent to the email account you provide during setup.
• Files and folders in desktop computers/PCs, laptops, servers.
• Databases and applications (MS SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint, MySQL Server, Oracle Server, etc.). Emails on local email clients such as .pst files. Although for email, we strongly recommend MailSafi Email Archiving, which is more suitable for storing emails. Read more on 15 benefits of email archiving.
• Media (photos, video, audio, graphics).
• External hard drives, NAS devices.
• Financial and accounting files (QuickBooks, SAP, Quicken, Sage, POS, etc.).
• Entire physical servers, virtual machines, PCs, laptops or other mobile device
• Entire systems including operating system (Windows, Linux) - full image;physical or
virtual machines (Hyper-V, VMware) - full image. Mobile phones (iOS, Android, Windows).
And many more!
We recommend you make a list of all the applications and data you consider critical and ensure they are included in your backup schedule.
At Kaluari, we minimize the bandwidth used and time taken by compressing your data and sending only the bits that have changed - incremental backups. This effectively quickens the backup process as it backs up only new data (additions or changes) since the last backup. Although the initial backup may take a little longer because all files must first be transmitted to our data centers, subsequent backups can be completed in just minutes. However, it is still important to note that actual backup times depend on the speed of your internet connection, the memory and processing power of your machine, the volume of network traffic, and the operating system in use.
• When you initiate the first backup, you will get an encryption key. This encryption key will be used to encrypt the data in transit and at rest. The encryption key will only be available to the IT administrator who initiates this initial backup and must be provided when you need to recover your data.
• NB: Kaluari does not keep a copy of this key; therefore, it is important that you keep it securely. If you lose your encryption key, the backup cannot be restored.
• Your data will be compressed and encrypted in transit and at rest.
• Kaluari Cloud Backup is a fully-managed service. We monitor your backups 24/7. We will try to resolve the problem ourselves; however, where there is need to get you involved, we will reach out.
This is entirely up to you. We will tailor the retention periods to your needs – and these can be adjusted at any time.
Yes. We can set the retention period for any of the backups that we take and can therefore keep them for as long as you would like.
Our backup software allows you to access your data immediately from any computer with an internet connection.
Contact our support technicians who will guide you through the process of retrieving your password.
Take advantage of our 30-day free trial to give our service a try. The trial is risk-free, and you have no obligation to sign up or pay anything if the service does not meet your requirements.
Can’t find the answer to what you’re looking for? Get in touch with us.
A member of our team will call you as soon as possible.
© KALUARI LIMITED 2023 | All Rights Reserved